It’s the most popular website creation tool on the planet. In 2017, WordPress already powered more than 27% of the web, it is searched for around 2,740,000 times every month and it is by far the most used Content Management System (CMS).
Once you’ve installed it correctly, WordPress makes website design effortless. Hosting a website on reliable infrastructure will also put you far ahead in your website building aspirations. But what exactly is required to host a WordPress website?
First of all, it is important to understand the variety of solutions WordPress offers. There are primarily two options. The first being the solution that is hosted and provisioned by WordPress.com. This solution comes with free options, but you might be billed for personalisation and an ad-free experience.
The solution we’ll focus on here is the free solution from WordPress.org that allows you to install WordPress on a web hosting server with 1-grid. The software from WordPress is supplied to you free of charge to download, or simply use the nifty installer in our control panel to get going. It really is that simple. Here is what you will need:
- An affordable web hosting package from 1-grid. Go for the most popular option, the Medium package, at just R89/month!
- Register the perfect domain name for your website. You can go for a co.za, a .com or be super trendy with a .mobi !
- You will now have access to a cPanel dashboard where you can install WordPress in a few clicks.
- WordPress will send you a username and password for your new website.
- Then you are ready to start with the design of your website. Start by adding pages in your menu to your new site.
WordPress offers thousands of themes you can use to tailor your site. Once you are done designing your website, you can add functionality with WordPress plugins. Plugins will help you to add contact forms, social media feeds and other important elements to your site.
WordPress is endless in what it has to offer.
Get reliable hosting from 1-grid – we’re WordPress-friendly!