This article provides you with the process steps of registering your company name through 1-grid.
1-grid takes the hassle out of dealing with CIPC, and does everything through one platform. Our automated system does a company name lookup with the CIPC database and then reserves it for you so you can match it with your website domain name. We will guide you through the process, step by step.
Step 1– Submit your application
Registrations can be accessed via our website here
Questions asked :
- Choose 3 Company names (Domain name will automatically be populated by names provided)
- All companies will be registered as a PTY LTD. This will automatically be added to the end of your company name.
- Name , Surname, physical address and email address. (If you are not already a 1-grid customer)
- Financial year-end (we recommend February, as it aligns with SARS year-end for individuals)
- Authorized share capital (we recommend 10,000 but don’t allow less than 100 authorized shares)
- Directors of the company, providing Full name(s), Surname and Email address.
Step 2 – Make payment
An Invoice will be sent your registration email address for payment.
Step 3 – Upload certified copies of ID
- Each director will be sent an email requesting certified copies of their ID documents.
- If it a smart ID (ID card) both sides of the card must be certified and sent back via email.
Step 4 – Your company name is registered
If all documents submitted is in order you will receive your registration documents within 7-14 days for the latest.
New Company Registration Package includes:
- Company registration certificate (COR14.3)
- Income tax registration number
- CIPC filing fees (R175 fee included)
- Memorandum of Incorporation
- A domain for your website, first 12 months free
- An optional BEE certificate which can be arranged with one of our agents
What are the next steps for your business?
- Open a Business Bank Account
- Get a website builder or website design package for your domain name.
- Start trading!
TIP: For more information regarding Business Registrations please see our category here. Alternatively you can contact our Live Support by clicking here.