This article provides you with information on how to migrate from the legacy WSP Control Panel to Linux cPanel.
What it is you are going to have to do is called migration and there will be some downtime during the migration, however, to reduce the downtime you will experience, you can follow these steps below:
1. You will need to request a cancellation for your current windows package
2. You may note that this cancellation, will only still needs to be processed as per the 1-month cancellation notice
3. Please ensure that you download all your emails, for each email account. This is to ensure that you have a copy of the mails on your side
4. When you are ready for the migration, you will need to purchase the new Linux package. You can view information about these packages by visiting https://1-grid.com/web-hosting/
5. Once the new package has been created, please recreate the mail accounts and upload any web content you wish hosted here
6. When completed, you will need to update the name servers for your domain name, to point to the new Linux service
7. Please allow 8-32 hours for the new hosting space to be live
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries surrounding this process
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.