This article provides you with steps to manage your DNS via cPanel Zone editor.
Step 1– Login to cPanel
- Please see our article on logging into cPanel here.
Step 2– Click on Zone Editor in your Domains section.
Step 3– Click on Manage for the relevant domain.
INFO: On the Manage Zone page you have the option to Create, Edit or Delete records. We will be covering each of these options below.
Creating New DNS records
- To add a new record, select the record type via the drop-down menu and input the record’s name, TTL, and destination.
Editing Existing DNS records
- Editing existing records is very simple, you would simply need to click the edit button next to the record you would like to update.
Deleting DNS records
- Deleting DNS records is not reversible so be very careful when using this option. We also recommend taking a screenshot of your DNS records before making changes or deleting so you have a record of them should you need to re-add the records later.
- To delete a DNS record simply click the delete button next to the relevant DNS record.