This article will explain the differences between the reseller and end-user hosting packages.
WHM is a reseller control panel. It is what our customers receive with all Reseller hosting plans and use to manage all their resold hosting accounts in their reseller plans . However, a reseller has restricted reseller rights in WHM comparing to Business VPS user rights, so some functions are not available for them.
In WHM, you can:
- create individual accounts
- create custom hosting packages
- add domains to the server
- manage features of hosting packages and accounts
- reset passwords/contact email addresses for cPanel accounts
- edit Resource Limits for cPanel accounts
- modify DNS zone records for each domain/subdomain
- set up private nameservers on the server
- access resold accounts without entering login details
- perform basic system and control panel maintenance
cPanel is designed for managing separate hosting accounts on the server.
End users/clients are able to:
- install CMS using Softaculous
- upload and manage files for their websites
- add/remove addon domains and subdomains
- create email accounts and manage email settings and SPAM protection
- edit DNS records for their domains
- check website statistics
- manage databases and backups, etc.