This article provides you with steps to setup your tax for your online store.
- If you haven’t yet set up your store, you will need to add at least one shipping rate.
- You can only set up a tax rate for a place that you ship to.
- The tax page will prompt you to add a shipping rate before you can add any tax rates.
Once you have added at least one shipping rate:
- Toggle Enable tax?
- Toggle Enable tax for your desired countries
- Add the tax rate
- Click Save
When is tax calculated?
- Tax is calculated during checkout and is applied to the combined value of all items in the basket.
- Shipping rates are not taxed.
- Discount codes are applied before tax is added to the basket value.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.