Download the latest stable version (Without installer (unzip in C:\))
Download the latest mySQL GUI Tools ( This has mySQL Administrator) – Windows (x86)
Download the above files and store them somewhere with an Installs/Setups folder later use.
1. Unzip the mySQL Server version into a path like “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1”
2. Setup a my.ini file.
Install mySQL Gui Tools (Windows (x86))
1. Install the program.
2. Open up “mySQL System Tray Monitor”
3. Right click the icon in the bottom right hand corner and click Actions->Manage mySQL Instances
4. Click Configure Instance tab
5. Ensure all paths are pointing to the my.ini file correctly within “Config Filename” and “Path to binary” textboxes.
6. Click Apply Changes and then Install Service.
7. Completed -> Attempt to start the Service by clicking Start/Stop Service tab -> Start mySQL Service.
Allowing access for all websites to access databases on the mySQL Server
1. Go to the command prompt
2. Go to C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\Bin
3. Type “mysql -h localhost -u root”
4. At the mysql prompt type “SELECT user, host FROM mysql.user” – Note: % means any host
5. Run the following – GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO “root”@”%” IDENTIFIED BY “New-password” WITH GRANT OPTION;
Remember: Adjust the variables for “New-password” (This assigns the mySQL server to allow all sites to access this server for their individual databases)
6. Setup your firewall (RRAS) to allow requests to port 3307 or 3306.
7. All Done.
Server setup is completed.