When creating email accounts in cPanel, users have the ability to set the email quota for each email account. It can also be adjusted manually if a user is expecting an influx of incoming email or if a user is about to exceed the allotted quota.
Shared hosting plans are allowed unlimited disk space, bandwidth and email quota; Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server plans, however, must be mindful not to exceed their allotted resources.
Changing the Quota for an Email Account
The steps below will provide you a quick and easy walkthrough of how to update the quota for an email account.
- Log into cPanel.
- Navigate to the Email section.
- Select the Email Accounts icon.
- Scroll down to the email address for which you need to update the quota resources.
- Next to the desired email address, click Change Quota.
- Either type in the new quota amount or select the Unlimited option.
Click Change Quota.
Once you have completed the steps above, the changes will be implemented immediately.