This guide provides you with information on how to choose a good password for your Control Panel and email accounts so you account would not be vulnerable to hackers.
Choosing a good password
When choosing a password you should consider it carefully. It is important to choose a password that is hard to guess.
- A good password should be at least 12 characters long.
- Make sure to use capital letters, lower case letters and numbers mixed together so they do not form a common word.
- Use punctuation signs and special characters in your password, for example, full stop, semicolon etc.
- You should avoid the keyboard’s own letter combinations such as “qwerty” or “123456” because they are too easy to guess.
- A good tool to use would be a password generator such as Norton password generator.
TIP: A good password that is easy to remember, is a short sentence of words in different languages put together as one, for example: “1chLIVEdan$paris”.
This password says “I live in Paris” in German, English and French. It contains capitals, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters and is still easy to remember.