This article provides some clarity as to domain ownership if 1-grid registers a domain name on your behalf.
Who is the domain name owner if 1-grid registers your domain name ?
- When you register a domain there are 3 parties involved. We’ve created an article that explains this depth and can be found here.
- Basically, when a support agent registers a domain on your behalf You, the customer, will be the Domain Name owner.
- 1-grid will be listed as the technical and billing contact, as we manage the nameservers and domain renewal on your behalf.
- Should you wish to have ID protect on your domain name you can add this service to prevent Spam bots from finding your personal contact details as per article here.
- This will show 1-grid as the registrant but the domain will still be owned by you as this service only masks your contact details.