This article provides some clarity as to domain ownership if 1-grid registers a domain name on your behalf.
Who is the domain name owner if 1-grid registers your domain name ?
- When you register a domain there are 3 parties involved. We’ve created an article that explains this depth and can be found here.
- Basically, when a support agent registers a domain on your behalf You, the customer, will be the Domain Name owner.
- 1-grid will be listed as the technical and billing contact, as we manage the nameservers and domain renewal on your behalf.
- Should you wish to have ID protect on your domain name you can add this service to prevent Spam bots from finding your personal contact details as per article here.
- This will show 1-grid as the registrant but the domain will still be owned by you as this service only masks your contact details.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.