This article provides you with information on how to export a site from WordPress.com and import it to your hosting package.
- Login to WordPress.com Dashboard.
- Click Tools.
- Click Export.
- Click Download Export File.
**Before beginning this process, make sure WordPress is already installed on the domain.
- Login to the New WordPress Dashboard at the new domain name.
- Click on Tools and then select Import.
- Scroll down the page to the bottom.
- Click the link that says WordPress.
Click Browse and open the file that was exported.
Click Upload file and import.
- Create or select the author for all posts.
- Mark the checkbox for import file attachments.
- The WordPress site has now been imported.