This article will guide you on some troubleshooting steps on what to do when getting an error message on your internet browser
Here are some Images of error messages that you will pick up due to a timed out on your internet connection along with some steps on how to troubleshoot the issues :
Normally these are client-side problems ( issues with the network connection or maybe the firewall ) What to do when getting such Error messages :
Step 1. Check you internet connection
- Select the start button, Then type settings, Select settings > Network & internet. The status of your network connection will appear at the top.
Step 2. Restart your home or your office router/modem
- Unplug the power cable of your modem, Keep it out for a couple of minutes then power it up again.
Step 3. Check to see if you’re wifi is running on a slow connection
- Open up a web browser and run a speed test, you can type in speedtest and it should take you to a page to click on run speed test.
Step 4. Disable the firewall and antivirus software temporarily
- Most anti-virus and firewall programs that runs on your computer will display an icon on your windows taskbar and will allow you to right click on the icon and select Disable or turn off.
Step 5. Disable Proxy settings
- Click on the connection tab and then LAN settings. In the proxy server settings untick the box that says Use a proxy server for your LAN, then click Ok.
Step 6. Clear your internet browser Cache
- In Google, at the top right, Click more, Click more tools, Clear browsing data, at the top, choose a time range to delete everything, Select all time, Next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files check the boxes, Click clear data