This guide provides you with the steps to transfer any domain to our 1-grid platform. The transfer procedure for generic top-level domains is decided by ICANN and all registrars need to adhere to this.
Step 1 – Prepare your domain for transfer
Before you start a transfer of a domain to another registrar, you need to do some preparations.
- Contact your current registrar if you need to make any changes.
- Make sure the domain is unlocked and the status is set to OK.
- You can check this in the WHOIS on whois.icann.org.
- Check if you have access to the email address that is associated with the domain. This is where the request for approval will be sent to.
- Request the Auth-ID to be sent to you by your current registrar for international domain like .com and.net.
INFO: Before you transfer your domain, make a backup of all the content you want to keep, like your website, database and emails. Only your domain is transferred, content you need to move manually.
Step 2 – Place an order on our website
The next step is to place an order on our website and activate it.
- Type in your domain in the search field located at the top of our website and click Search.
- On the next page click the Transfer button and click on Go to Cart.
- In your card make sure Domains Essentials is selected and click checkout to complete order.
- After you have completed your order, we will send you a confirmation via email. If you paid online, your order will be activated automatically.
Step 3 – Approve the transfer request
- Open the email with the subject “Please accept the Domain Registration Agreement for”.
- Click the link in the email to approve. Should you not receive the email for whatever reason you can also contact your current registrar to accept the transfer on your behalf.
Step 4 – Wait for the transfer to complete
- Domain transfers can take 1-5 days to complete.
- If the transfer request is not accepted within those 5 days the transfer will fail.
TIP: More information regarding domain transfer failure can be found here.