Video content is the future, and if your business hasn’t prioritized video on your content marketing strategy, you’re missing out on growing your audience exponentially. In the thick of the COVID-19 pandemic and the rise of internet use in South Africa, improving your online business presence has become imperative. Your business YouTube is an avenue that you can explore to get more eyes on your brand.
We’ve compiled a list of 3 things you can do now to grow your YouTube channel:
Work on your YouTube SEO
Yes, SEO is also a thing on YouTube videos. Because YouTube has a search function and video content makes up a bulk of search engine results, it’s wise to use video content to your advantage.
Here are a few tips to optimize your YouTube content:
- Include your video’s main keywords in the title and description
- YouTube uses engagement metrics like likes, comments and views to determine whether your video is of relevance in a search result – don’t switch your YouTube comments off
- Use categories and tags to help YouTube and Google get a better understanding of what your content is about
Increase uploading frequency
The global pandemic is the perfect time to increase your posting schedule. The masses are socially distancing and predominantly working from home – compelling content is now needed. If you were uploading sporadically, then now is the time to get serious about your YouTube channel.
- Upload consistently
- Make sure that you upload strategically at the same time
- Ensure that your audience knows when to expect a new video
- Share the latest videos that you publish on your social media platforms
Push for subscriptions
Subscriptions are an essential part of your YouTube strategy. These govern how many views you’re going to get and how many people know when you’ve recently published a new video. This function lets your customers know that you’ve uploaded, and they are more likely to watch. Encourage people to subscribe at the beginning or end of every video. Don’t forget to engage in the comment section; answer all the questions, and respond to the comments.
Try these tips out on your business or personal YouTube and let us know in the comment section whether you’ve seen a difference in your subscriber count, views or engagement.