The sale of non-essential items was suspended at the height of lockdown, including online shopping of non-essential products. The ban included everything from makeup to fashion items, prepared or hot foods, and everything else that is considered as non-essential under lockdown regulations – only essential items and services were permitted.
On the 14th of May, however, The Department of Trade, Industry, and Competition announced that all e-commerce activities could resume under strict rules and guidelines. The sale of alcoholic beverages and tobacco, however, remains prohibited.
What can you buy online during lockdown level 4?
You can virtually buy everything online during level 4. The reopening of e-commerce serves to lessen transmissions and encourage people to stay home, instead of venturing outside to shop.
- Fashion, cosmetics, hair products, etc.
- Prepared or hot foods via your favourite food delivery apps
All e-commerce activities are open, so you can virtually buy anything online, with, of course, the exception of alcohol and tobacco products.
The guidelines for customers purchasing online are:
- Customers are people within the vicinity need to wear a cloth mask when receiving their goods from couriers
- Maintain one and a half meters distance from couriers
- Disinfect products as per the National Department of Health guidelines
Read more about the e-commerce guidelines for e-commerce retailers and couriers here:
Stay safe, stay home and shop online instead!