The competition is closed, and the lucky winner of the luxury staycation courtesy of AfriStay and 1-grid is Marianne Greyvensteyn.
As the year comes to a close, most people experience end-of-year fatigue. The fatigue can cause you to struggle with concentration, and getting out of bed in the morning. Amplify this end-of-year fatigue with all the events that happened in 2020, and it’s safe to say, you need a break. A vacation would not be a bad thing right now.
1-grid has partnered with Afristay to host a competition that will see one lucky 1-grid customer going on their dream vacation to the value of R5000! All you have to do to enter is switch your payment method to a debit order, and you’ll automatically enter. This one is unfortunately for existing 1-grid customers only, and the winner gets announced at the end of October.
Debit orders are the way to go because it’s a convenient option and you don’t need to remember to make the payment as it comes off your account automatically. Plus, you can avoid suspension due to late payments.
Here’s how you can enter:
Follow the link below to make the switch and stand a chance of winning with 1-grid and Afristay! Already on debit order? No problem, you will automatically be entered into the lucky draw. T’s and C’s below:
Terms and Conditions:
The promoter of this competition is Gridhost Services (PTY) Ltd, trading as 1-grid Reg. No. 2017/035340/07 (hereinafter referred to as “1-grid”).
The following rules will apply to this competition:
1. The competition will be open for entries from 12:00 pm on 1 October 2020 and will close at 11.59 pm on 30 October 2020. No entries will be entered into the draw after this date.
2. An entry will be awarded to a 1-grid customer that switches their payment method to debit order via the 1-grid customer zone. Only one entry per customer will be considered. Debit order switch overs as entries must be completed by 11.59 pm on 30 October 2020.
3. A winner (“the Winner”) will be selected by an independent person (“the Judge”) on behalf of 1-grid, following all relevant regulatory requirements, on/before 31 October 2020. The decision of the Judge in this regard shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. If you are selected as the Winner the Afristay voucher will be sent to you from the Afristay team. No correspondence or negotiation will be entered into regarding the date applicable to the invoice of the Winner.
5. The draw to determine the winner will be random. The Winner will receive a getaway with Afristay to the value of R5000 (five thousand rand only). Afristay is an independent party and provides its guests with a set of terms for the redemption of your voucher. Please view their terms here.
6. The Winner will be notified via email or telephone, before 31 October 2020. Should 1-grid be unable to contact the Winner by the 31 October 2020 notwithstanding reasonable attempts by it to do so, it reserves the right to select an alternative winner. In such event, the first-chosen entrant will have no recourse against 1-grid. The rules applicable to the competition can be obtained from the Head of Marketing at 1-grid Head Office from Monday to Friday during business hours or by going to https://www.1-grid.com/
7. In 1-grid’s sole discretion, to participate in this competition and to be eligible for the prizes on offer, your 1-grid account must be in good standing at the date of entry and at all material times thereafter (i.e. payments on the account must be up to date).
8. By entering this competition, you agree that the rules herein will apply to you and bind you to the extent lawfully permissible. These rules, should they require interpretation, will be interpreted by 1-grid in its sole and absolute discretion.
9. Subject to clause 13 and 18.3 below, this competition is open to any natural person who can provide a valid ID number and 1-grid Customer ID. Persons who are under the age of 18 years require the prior consent and assistance of their legal guardian to enter this competition and such persons warrant the existence of such consent and assistance.
10. You will be required to provide your identification number and/or customer ID for 1-grid to carry out necessary checks. Checks will ensure that the Winner is in good standing with their 1-grid account(s) and that the Winner is not a staff member of 1-grid or Afristay.
11. The prize to be awarded in this competition shall not be redeemable for cash and is not transferable. The prize will be valid for 3 years (three years only).
12. The Winners may be taxed in terms of applicable tax legislation and participants who require clarity as to the tax implications hereof should seek a directive from the relevant revenue service/authority.
13. Any person who is at the date of awarding the prize/s:
13.1 A director, member, partner, employee, an agent of or consultant to 1-grid (or any of its subsidiaries, holding companies and other subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by 1-grid; or
13.2 A spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any person contemplated in clause 13.1 above;
13.3 A supplier to 1-grid (or any of its subsidiaries, holding companies and other subsidiaries of its holding companies) of goods or services; or
13.4 A director, member, partner, employee, an agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any person contemplated in clause 13.3 above; and
13.5 Any Supplier of the prize under this competition, may not participate in this competition and will be ineligible to receive all/any prize/s on offer.
14. Non-compliance with these rules shall render the Winner ineligible to participate in this competition and to receive prize/s. Such person hereby acknowledges that he/she/they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against 1-grid and Afristay and/or its subsidiaries and/or its holding companies or subsidiaries of its holding companies (including the directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and/or any other representatives of the said entities).
15. By participating in this competition, you acknowledge that subject to applicable law, 1-grid disclaims liability however arising and you hereby indemnify and hold harmless 1-grid, its holding companies and/or its subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and other representatives) from any and all loss/damages that may be sustained directly/indirectly arising out of/pursuant to this competition or resulting from the acceptance of and/or possession of and/or use of the prize/s on offer, including but not limited to loss/damages arising out of/pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or privacy rights.
16. The Winner hereby gives 1-grid permission to use their name/s and/or photograph/s in any promotional and/or advertising material for marketing, which permission may be revoked.
17. This competition, these rules and any dispute pursuant thereto shall be subject to and construed following South African law. The South African courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine all/any disputes in respect of/flowing from the application of these rules and otherwise in respect of this competition. If a person enters this competition outside of South Africa or the participant resides outside of South Africa, these rules shall apply to the extent lawfully permissible.
18. 1-grid reserves the right to vary these rules in its discretion and without notice provided that any such variation does not serve to prejudice any entrant or to favour any entrant over any other entrant.