If your business is still unregistered and you don’t know where to go to get your company registered with CIPC in South Africa, we have the answers. Registering your business not only legitimizes your company but also protects you from financial liability and attracts funding opportunities.
Why should you register your business?
Your business should be registered because it gives your brand credibility and protects your intellectual property. If you plan on seeking funding or government assistance, being a registered business is vital.
Where can you get your business registered in South Africa?
These are the routes you can choose from when registering your business:
Register your company with CIPC online at 1-grid
Registering your company with us is seamless – it all happens online and you don’t have to follow-up because we lead the process. Here’s how to register your business with 1-grid:
- Find a company name and domain to reserve
- Sign up or login as a 1-grid customer
- Add company address and financial details
- List 1 or more company directors
- Review your checkout and leave the rest to us
Register directly with CIPC
You can also register your business directly with the CIPC:
- Create an account or log in
- Click on ‘Customer Registration’
- Complete the required fields and follow the prompts
Find a bank that offers Company Registration
Financial institutions also offer the service, inquire at your bank regarding the service. The following banks advertise the service:
- FNB Company Registration
The documents required for Company Registration are:
- Proof of address no older than 3 months
- Latest 3-month bank statement
- Proof of Identification
- Directors’ proof of identification
- SARS document including income tax number