You owe it to yourself to get your home-inspired idea officially registered. Find out what are the documents required to register a company in South Africa, compile the information needed, and complete the entire registration online. Effortless, convenient, and speedy. 1-grid will process your company registration at the CIPC.
Your company needs to be registered
|Company receives official certificate||Company unable to prove legitimacy|
|Personal assets protected from company assets||Company debts attached to personal assets|
|Ownership controlled by number of owner shares||No share allocation confirmed if disputes arise|
|Have the ability to attract investors||Unable to attract investors|
How do I register a company In South Africa?
Follow these 5-steps to start the process:
- Find a suitable company name and domain to reserve
- Sign up or login as a 1-grid customer
- Add company address and financial details
- List 1 or more company directors
- Review your checkout and leave the rest to us
Where do you register a company in South Africa?
These days, all you need to do is have a secure internet connection and head over to 1-grid.com to register your company.
Other options include:
- Register directly with The CIPC
- Online with 1-grid – we take care of the CIPC processing and filing administration for you
- Find a bank that offers this service
- Government institutions
- SARS office
What is needed to register a company in South Africa?
We need proof that it really is you and not a bot trying to register on your behalf. Prepare these documents ready :
- Proof of Address no older than 3 months
- Latest 3-month bank statement
- Proof of Identification
- Directors proof of identification
- SARS document including income tax number
Easily attach this to an email firstname.lastname@example.org or pop us a message on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Google and we’ll be sure to pass your proof onto the rest of our team.
Company Registration at the CIPC
What is a company registration number in South Africa?
A company registration number is used in search to verify if a company exists or not – leaving no room for ambiguity. The search results will display the name, company number, registration date and will outline if the business is active or not.
You still have 7 months to turn this year around, wouldn’t you agree that making your company official creates freedom for you to operate during the lockdown?
Lockdown requirements for companies wanting to stay open
- Company Registration
- Rules for e-commerce retailers
- Covid-19 Occupational health and safety measures in workplaces
- Fair pricing during the lockdown
- What is advanced level 3 lockdown
- These are the official advanced level 3 lockdown changes for South Africa – including unusual rules for sit-down restaurants
- 6 lockdown changes announced for South Africa
What is a private company in South Africa?
A private company will be registered as a PTY limited in South Africa and will exist as it’s own entity to separate relations from any other companies or personal matters. You are required to have a minimum of one director to set up a private company.
How do you write up your business plan?
Grab a pen, a sheet of paper and research these points to complete your business plan:
- Executive summary
- Company overview
- Industry, customer and competitor analysis
- A marketing plan
- Operations plan
- Management team
- Financial plan
What to do after registering a company in South Africa?
Once your business has been officially registered, start planning around how you are going to market your business. Consider following these steps:
1. Create a 3-page website for your business
Use this tutorial as a guideline
3. Market your business on social media or hire professionals to assist you