Legitimise your small business by getting it registered with CIPC. Company registration in South Africa does not have to be an arduous task anymore; we’ve streamlined the business registration process to an easy online application mechanic.
Registering your business with 1-grid is easy because all you do is submit the necessary documents and 1-grid will handle everything; from start-up until the company is fully registered with CIPC. We lead the process for you, so you can focus on growing your new business. To start your entrepreneurial path on the right foot, we’re answering some frequently asked questions about registering your business with CIPC.
Why is it important to register your business?
Registering your business is crucial for the following reasons;
- To attract investors;
- Protect and separate personal assets and finances from company assets;
- To qualify for and be considered for government assistance;
- And prove the legitimacy of the business
What company registration documents are required to register a business?
Registering a company requires the following documents to confirm your identity:
- Proof of address no older than three months
- Latest 3-month bank statement
- Proof of Identification
- Directors’ proof of identification
- SARS document including income tax number
How do I register a business with 1-grid?
- Find a company name and domain to reserve. Sign up or login as a 1-grid customer
- Add company address and financial details
- List 1 or more company directors
- Review your checkout and leave the rest to us
Do I have to register with SARS?
Yes, all businesses have to be registered with SARS and comply with national tax regulations. Luckily, you do not have to do this yourself. Registering your company with 1-grid means you will automatically be registered with the South African Revenue Services.
Can foreigners register a company in South Africa?
Yes. You will have to provide 1-grid with a valid passport or South African identification document copy and have a legal residential address in the country.
How do I start an online business?
Starting an online business is easy, and the most cost-effective way to start your company; and 1-grid is the ultimate online business hub. All you need to start an online business is a website and a social media presence. Start by:
If you want a few online business ideas, check out the posts below: