The Coronavirus has heightened consumer health and safety anxiety. COVID-19 health guidelines stress that people need to limit human contact as much as possible, in addition to that, we also need to avoid touching public surfaces because they may be contaminated. Supporting client safety, and hygiene, businesses have had to employ stringent health restrictions like no entry without masks and obligatory hand sanitization upon entry.
Another way you can minimize touching surfaces when shopping or are in public spaces is to avoid the exchange of cash. There are a variety of ways to accept cashless payments in your business, and we’ll be giving you a few cashless, contact-less and COVID-19 safe payment methods to use in your company or as a consumer.
Snapscan allows you to pay with your phone wherever you see the unique QR code at a store or merchant. You simply download the app on your mobile phone and add your card(s), and you’re all set. The app is safe to use and features an in-app secret pin for security. All you do is scan the QR code with your phone, and in a matter of taps, the payment is complete.
Snapscan allows you to:
- Scan and pay with your phone
- Send and receive money
- Buy prepaid airtime, data and electricity
- Settle bills like DSTV, TV Licenses, Municipal Bills and more
- Donate to a charity of your choice
Signing up for a Snapscan account as a merchant is also very easy. The payment gateway allows you to;
- Add tipping option
- View transactions in real-time
- Keep track of transactions
- Generate daily reports
- All at a standard 3% transaction fee
- Sign up as a merchant here: https://www.snapscan.co.za/merchant-market.html
Similar to Snapscan, Zapper is a scan and pay in-app. All you do is download the app and add your card(s) and enjoy contactless shopping. Zapper allows its users to:
- Make quick and safe payments at participating merchants
- Split your bill with others (avoid awkward bill-splitting at a restaurant)
- Discover and share vouchers
- Plus, you can earn loyalty rewards
Merchants can easily sign-up and enjoy the following benefits:
- Gain customer insight with reports
- Reward customer loyalty
- Get listed on the Zapper network
- Feedback from customers
Tap to pay is becoming a norm as social distancing and hygiene have become a key focus in South Africa due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Most bank cards are tap enabled, check out the links below to see if your card is tap friendly:
Cardless In-App Payments
Banking institutions also introduced cardless and cashless payment functionalities to their banking apps. Similar to Snapscan and Zapper, you scan a QR code and pay. Here are the banking apps that offer the service to their customers:
Samsung Pay is a safe cardless and cashless way to pay. It works at all retailers or merchants that accept cards. All you do is swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen, authorize the payment with your fingerprint, iris or PIN and hold your device at the payment terminal. Samsung Pay works at both the older magnetic stripe terminals and the new contactless payment terminals. Note that it only works for Samsung Galaxy phones.
- Fingerprint, iris or pin authorization
- Make safe contactless payments
Contactless payment methods are becoming the norm – find the option that suits you best. Stay safe, and whenever you can; TAP IN!