A Microsoft Web Browser that allows you to install Google Chrome Extensions. Not even if you paid me would I believe this, but it’s here. It even feels strange to say it. Microsoft Edge Browser is here and I like it.
A quick download from the Microsoft website gets Edge onto your PC and the installation is really hassle-free.
I choose the informational theme from the installation options. After making my selection I was greeted a beautifully clean interface. You can change your theme in the settings menu and yes, dark mode is already available.
I usually average 10 open tabs at any given moment and the new Edge browser could handle it with ease on a standard LTE connection. My PC is an i7 machine with 8GB RAM.
But wait, there’s more. The new Edge browser allows you to install Google Chrome extensions. Visit the Chrome Web Store at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
Here are some cool Chrome Extensions you can use to get most of your browsing day.
- MEGA – A secure cloud storage service with 50 GB free storage space.
- Smart PDF – Files Converter Tool – It’s a free service allows you to convert Word to PDF as well as Excel to PDF and vice versa.
- Turn Off the Lights – The entire page will be fading to dark, so you can watch the videos as if you were in the cinema. Works for YouTube™ and beyond.
- Grammarly for Chrome – From grammar and spelling to style and tone, Grammarly helps you eliminate writing errors and find the perfect words to express yourself.
- Google Keep – With the Google Keep Chrome Extension, easily save the things you care about to the Keep app.
Where to download Microsoft Edge?
The official download page is at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge and mobile versions are available for Apple and Android.